Saturday, February 25, 2012

Miranda Lambert in Hershey



Last Friday, February 17th, 2012, I went to the Giant Center in Hershey, PA for the Miranda Lambert show. I've seen her a few times before, but I was excited to hear her perform some of the music off her newest cd, "Four the Record." Jerrod Niemann and Chris Young opened up for Miranda on the On Fire Tour and they did an awesome job getting the crowd ready for the main act. I really like the Giant Center as far as arena venues because it's an arena but has an intimate feel to it since it's smaller. Miranda performed a majority of her hit singles from her past albums and about six songs from her latest album. She also did a great cover of "Free Girl Now" by Tom Petty. One of my favorite moments was during the encore when she sang Patsy Cline's "Crazy." That's one of the first songs I remember belting out in my basement as a kid when I had my first karaoke machine, so that definitely brought back memories. Miranda did not disappoint, as usual. Even though she's happily married to Blake Shelton, she still has that sassy, bad ass personality when she's singing songs like "Baggage Claim" and "Gunpowder and Lead." Although she also has the ability to show her sensitive, girly side when she performs "Over You" and "House That Built Me." I included the full set list and two videos I shot during the show below.

Miranda Lambert's Set List - Giant Center, Hershey, PA - Friday, February 17, 2012
Fastest Girl In Town
Kerosene
Heart Like Mine
New Strings
Over You
More Like Her
Baggage Claim
Fine Tune
Up Around The Bend (CCR cover)
Maintain the Pain
Dead Flowers
Famous in a Small Town
Only Prettier
Free Girl Now (Tom Petty cover)
Mama's Broken Heart
All Kinds of Kinds
The House That Built Me
That's The Way That The World Goes 'Round
Gunpowder and Lead
White Liar
-Encore-
Crazy (Patsy Cline cover)
Honky Tonk Heroes (Waylon Jennings cover) w/Chris Young & Jerrod Niemann

Miranda Lambert performing "Baggage Claim"
Miranda Lambert performing "Mama's Broken Heart"

No comments:

Post a Comment