Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hand Claps and Whistles



Hand claps and whistling. Two of my favorite components in a song. If a song has hand claps or whistling (or even better...both!) there's a pretty good chance I will enjoy it thoroughly. Many people who know me may think my love for hand claps comes from my professional hand clapping debut on Mandy Moore's album "Amanda Leigh" on the track titled "I Can Break Your Heart Any Day Of The Week." That's right...google my name and Mandy Moore's official website comes up with my name in the credits. For those of you wondering....my friend's uncle is a producer and he produced "Amanda Leigh" in his basement outside of Boston, MA. It just so happens that Mandy (yes...we're on a first name basis lol) was recording this album the same weekend we went up to stay with my friend's uncle Thanksgiving weekend in 2008. Oh, and she was also staying in the house while recording, so we stayed in the same house as Mandy Moore. One day, when we were on our way out the door to go to the movies, Mandy asked us if we wanted to help her with some hand clapping on her one track. Obviously, we could not say no to Ms. Moore, so later that night before we went out to the bar, we stood in the stairwell (best acoustics) for about an hour and a half recording hand claps with Mandy Moore. And so my professional hand clapping career began!

Anyway, back to the hand claps and whistling. Because of my love for those two elements of music, I have put together my top 60 favorite songs with hand claps and/or whistling. I attached a YouTube link to most of the songs so you can listen for yourself. I also have this playlist public on my Spotify account. Enjoy and feel free to clap and whistle along!

112 - Dance with Me (Remix)
Adele - Rolling in the Deep
Andrew Hoover - Soul Sucker
April Smith and the Great Picture Show - Colors
Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
Bangles - Walk Like An Egyptian
Bay City Rollers - Saturday Night
The Beatles - Eight Days a Week
The Beatles - I Wanna Hold Your Hand
Ben Lee - Catch My Disease
Bess Rogers - Everything To Lose
Bess Rogers - Travel Back
Bess Rogers - I Don't Worry
Beyonce - Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)
Big Mama Thornton - Hound Dog
Billy Idol - Mony Mony
Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
Billy Joel - The Stranger
The Black Keys - Tighten Up
Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy
Bruno Mars - Runaway Baby
Busta Rhymes - Make It Clap
Hall & Oates - Private Eyes
David Bowie - Golden Years
Eddie Cochran - Summertime Blues
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - Home
Feist - 1234
Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over
Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
Gary Glitter - Rock And Roll Part 2
Gorillaz - Dirty Harry
Guns N' Roses - Patience
Ingrid Michaelson - The Way I Am
J. Geils Band - Centerfold
John Mellencamp - Hurts So Good
Juelz Santana - There It Go (The Whistle Song)
Kelly Clarkson - Hello
Lelia Broussard - Satellite
Little Big Town - Little White Church
Mandy Moore - I Could Break Your Heart Any Day Of The Week
Maroon 5 & Christina Aguilera - Moves Like Jagger
Matt Duke - Oysters
OneRepublic - Good Life
Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
OutKast - Hey Ya!
Paul Simon - Me And Julio Down By The Schoolyard
Peter Bjorn And John - Young Folks
Pixies - La La Love You
Prince - Little Red Corvette
Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
The Rembrandts - I'll Be There For You
The Romantics - What I Like About You
Rose Royce - Car Wash
Scorpions - Wind of Change
Simon & Garfunkel - Cecilia
Solange - I Decided
Stealers Wheel - Stuck In The Middle With You
Toni Basil - Mickey
V V Brown - Shark in the Water
The Wonders - That Thing You Do!

No comments:

Post a Comment