Monday, September 6, 2010

Lelia Broussard


This is above and beyond, one of my favorite female artists of all time. I fell in love with her voice the first time I heard it. I actually discovered Lelia's music about five years ago. I was checking out a friend's MySpace page and I saw that Lelia had left a comment on their page, so I clicked on Lelia's page and listened to her music and loved it! I read her bio and found out she spent a lot of time in Philly (along with NYC, LA, and Louisiana). Like many of my other favorite musicians, Lelia is an independent artist and in the "singer/songwriter" category. Her voice is just about perfect...soulful, bluesy, and pure. She has a few CD's out, and you can find them all on iTunes. Lelia will also be releasing a new album on November 2nd, which I actually donated some music to her Kickstarter project to help her produce/record this new album. As most of you know, I'm a huge supporter on independent, struggling musicians. I have so much respect for them. Another great thing about Lelia, is she personally answers emails and when she sends update emails out to her fans on her email list, she personalizes the email. So, you know she truly appreciates all of the support from her fans. As far as links to songs, this is going to be hard, because I love every single one of her songs, but here we go :-) PS - She is ALWAYS on tour and comes to the Philly area a lot, so check her out! She'll actually be playing at the Tin Angel this Friday, September 10th.

Lelia Broussard's Official Website
Lelia Broussard's MySpace Page
Lelia Broussard's Official Music Video for "Scared to Feel"
Lelia performing "I'm Not Waiting"
Lelia covering "Single Ladies" (one of my favorite videos)

No comments:

Post a Comment