Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bess Rogers


I discovered Bess Rogers last Spring when she was playing a tour with Lelia Broussard. I was already going to the show in Lancaster, PA because of Lelia and I saw Bess Rogers on the bill, so I thought I'd check out some of her tunes before I went to the show (I like knowing at least some of the music for all the acts I'm going to see). Well, I really liked her sound, so I purchased some of her songs on iTunes. After seeing her live, I bought all of her music and I still listen to it often. Bess and Lelia are playing a tour again together (with Allison Weiss) and she'll be playing at the same gig I'm going to this Friday, Sept. 10 at the Tin Angel in Philly. She has a lot of upbeat songs with a lot of ukulele playing, which creates a really cool sound. I really enjoyed her live when I saw her in Lancaster last April. She pretty much played the ukulele almost the entire set, which was neat. You don't really hear that type of sound very often. So, I put some links below to check out more info on Bess and to check out some of her music. She is definitely refreshing to listen to, and if you enjoyed Lelia's sound and like Bess' sound, you should definitely come to the Tin Angel on Friday night. I know I'll be there because these are two extremely talented ladies. :-)

Bess Rogers' MySpace Page
Bess Rogers' Official Website
An article written about Bess Rogers
Bess Rogers' Official Video for "I Don't Worry" (really cool video)
Bess covering Pure Some Sugar on Me (hilarious and soooo good)
Bess performing "Travel Back" (just her and a ukulele)
Bess performing "Dirty Lies"

No comments:

Post a Comment