Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Boyz II Men 20th Anniversary Show




On September 17, 2011, I went to see "An Evening with Boyz II Men" at the Temple Performing Arts Center in Philadelphia, PA. Like most people, I was always a huge fan of Boyz II Men since the 90s, but I never had the opportunity to see them live before...until now. The Temple Performing Arts Center is an old church, so it was a very intimate setting and our seats were fairly close to the stage. The "Boyz" basically sang most of their popular songs (with a cover or two) with an orchestra backing them up. It was truly a night of real music, and I'm pretty sure everyone in the audience had permanent goosebumps the entire show. Between the beautiful music coming from the orchestra to the incredible voices of Boyz II Men, it was definitely a show to remember. The only downer was that the bass singer, Michael McCary, left the group in 2003 due to health problems, so he wasn't at the show. It was a bummer not having those fantastic monologues in the middle of the songs like back in the day. I took some pictures at the show (not the best, but decent) and a couple of videos, so be sure to check them out. Like always, I included the set list from the show below, too.

Boyz II Men's Set List - Temple Performing Arts Center, Philadelphia, PA - Saturday, September 17, 2011
Oh Well
On Bended Knee
Four Seasons of Loneliness
Girl in the Life Magazine
Water Runs Dry
I Will Get There
(Intermission)
Open Arms (cover by Journey)
Easy (cover by The Commodores)
I'll Make Love To You
Song For Mama
So Amazing
End of the Road (Encore)

Boyz II Men performing "End of the Road"
Boyz II Men performing The Commodores' "Easy"
Boyz II Men performing "Water Runs Dry" (only about a minute)

2 comments:

  1. Boys II Men are by far one of my favorite groups of all time. I got to see them a long time ago. Great blog... Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete