Sunday, June 12, 2011

Miranda Lambert



Friday, June 10th, 2011 my friend, Joanna, and I went to Atlantic City, NJ at the Borgata Event Center to see Miranda Lambert perform. This was a birthday present to myself (my birthday was Saturday the 11th) and it was the perfect way to celebrate because Miranda is one of my favorite country artists. Anyone who hasn't seen Miranda live is missing out on a great artist. She's been out for awhile, but it hasn't been until the past year that she has finally gotten the recognition she truly deserves. Not only does she have an amazing, strong voice, but she plays guitar (as most country singers do) and she really knows how to work a crowd. She's got a bad ass personality and I really appreciate the fact that she doesn't look like all the other stick thin female singers out there. Miranda looks like a real woman and she's proud of that and doesn't try to change for anyone.

Josh Kelley and Justin Moore opened up for Miranda. They did a great job getting the crowd ready for her. The venue was really cool - it was actually a ballroom and was pretty small, so anywhere you stood you could see and were close to the stage. Miranda performed all of her hit songs that have been on the radio, plus some other's that haven't been as popular, but are just as great. In the middle of the show, she brought out two other singers to join her, Ashley Monroe and Angaleena Presley, who make up her new group, Pistol Annies. They performed a few of their songs to an album that has yet to be released. Although their first single, "Hell on Heels" was released today, and I have included a link to buy that single for $1.29. They have amazing harmonies, so I definitely recommend that you buy the single and the CD when it comes out. I included different links below, along with some video I shot on my phone, and I posted the set list below, too.

Set List - Miranda Lambert - Borgata Event Center, Atlantic City, NJ - Friday, June 10th, 2011
Only Prettier
Kerosene
Famous in a Small Town
Small Town Saturday Night (Hal Ketchum cover)
Dead Flowers
More Like Her
Maintain the Pain
Love Song
New Strings
Hell on Heels (Pistol Annies)
Better Days (Pistol Annies)
One's Drinking One's Smoking One's Takin' Pills (Pistol Annies - don't know the official song title yet)
Hit the Road Jack (Pistol Annies)
Heart Like Mine
Stay With Me (Rod Stewart cover)
Somewhere Trouble Don't Go
House That Built Me
White Liar
That's The Way That The World Goes 'Round
I Love Rock 'N Roll (Joan Jett cover)
Gunpowder and Lead

Miranda Lambert's Official Website
Pistol Annies Official Website
Link to download "Hell on Heels" by the Pistol Annies
Miranda performing Heart Like Mine (taken with my iPhone)
Miranda performing Rod Stewart's song, Stay With Me (taken with my iPhone)
Miranda Lambert's YouTube Channel
Pistol Annies Live Debut "Hell on Heels"

No comments:

Post a Comment