Monday, June 13, 2011

Kate Voegele & Natasha Bedingfield






Last night, Sunday, June 12th, 2011, I saw Kate Voegele open up for Natasha Bedingfield at the TLA in Philly, PA. I initially got the tickets because I am a huge Kate Voegele fan. Not only is she an amazing musician, but she also has a role on one of my favorite TV shows, One Tree Hill. I've actually seen her a few times, and I've seen Natasha once before, so I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. My friend and I were really happy that we also got to meet Kate after the show. She signed her CD for us and then took a picture. :-)

Kate's set was a little shorter than I would have liked, but I guess that happens when you're one of the opening acts. She played mostly songs from her new album, Gravity Happens, which came out last month, and then played one or two songs from her other two CD's. I shot video of her performing one of her new songs, "Sandcastles," (which I included the link below) because I really enjoy the lyrics to that specific song. That's one thing I do love about both of these ladies - they write fantastic lyrics that you can really relate to.

Set List - Kate Voegele - TLA, Philly, PA - Sunday, June 12th, 2011
Say You're Mine
Impatient Girl
Enough For Always
Heart In Chains
99 Times
Sandcastles
Kindly Unspoken

Natasha's set was filled with a good mix of songs from all three of her CD's. She's another musician with a great voice, and she's fun to watch on stage. She gives off a positive, carefree energy, and it reflects in the lyrics of all her songs. She loves to move around on stage, too. I don't think she really gets enough credit for her music. Most people think of her as the artist who's song "Unwritten" was the theme song to The Hills show on MTV. But you should really look into all of her music. Her lyrics are very relatable. I shot some good video with my camera of her performing the song, "Single" and I shot some video with my iPhone4 of her songs "Soulmate" and "Bruise Easily."

Set List - Natasha Bedingfield - TLA, Philly, PA - Sunday, June 12th, 2011
Neon Lights
Little Too Much
These Words
All I Need
Message in a Bottle (SOS) - The Police cover
Single
Bruise Easily
Strip Me
Run Run Run
Can't Fall Down
A.N.G.E.L.
Soulmate
Wild Horses
Try
Purple Rain (Prince Cover)
Pocketful of Sunshine
Love Like This
Put Your Arms Around Me
Weightless
Recover
Unwritten

Kate Voegele's Official Website
Natasha Bedingfield's Official Website
Kate Voegele performing "Sandcastles" (at TLA)
Natasha Bedingfield performing "Single" (at TLA)
Natasha Bedingfield performing "Bruise Easily" (at TLA)
Natasha Bedingfield performing "Soulmate" (at TLA)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so so much for sharing! they both deserve it ! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! Thanks for checking the blog out! :-)

    ReplyDelete