Monday, May 23, 2011

Weezer



Last Friday night I saw Weezer with my friend, Jaime, at the Festival Pier down at Penn's Landing in Philadelphia. Panic at the Disco played before Weezer, but we were mostly there to see Weezer play. I had never seen them play live before, and have always been a fan of their music, so I was really looking forward to it. I was also looking forward to seeing the type of crowd they attracted. That's another cool thing about going to see a band for the first time - you never really know what kind of crowd will be there. It was quite the eclectic crowd - pretty much anywhere from young kids to middle aged men and women. There really wasn't any kind of drama in the crowd, which is always good, too. I included some different pictures I took on my iPhone at the show...including some very interesting outfits I saw while we were there. We also met an awesome guy who was typing the entire set list on his phone and he was nice enough to email me the set list, so I'm including that, as well. :-) There are also some videos I found from the show that other people posted...the sound or quality might not be the best, but it's better than nothing.

Weezer's Set List - 5/20/11 - Festival Pier @ Penn's Landing, Philadelphia, PA
Memories
Troublemaker
Perfect Situation
Undone (The Sweater Song)
Say It Ain't So
Dope Nose
Gone Fishin'
Photograph
Island in the Sun
Hash Pipe
My Name is Jonas
Beverly Hills
Thought I Knew
In The Garage
Pork and Beans
Only in Dreams
(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
Buddy Holly

Weezer's Official Website
Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
Weezer - Troublemaker
Weezer - Island in the Sun
Weezer - Beverly Hills

No comments:

Post a Comment