Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Social Distortion


Well this was definitely an "out of my element" kind of show, but I was really excited to experience it. I had heard of Social Distortion, but never really knew any of their songs. My friend, Steve, introduced me to them when he invited me to go to the show in Philly with a few of our other friends. Like the music lover I am, I had to download some of their songs so I would be somewhat familiar with the music at the show. I ended up downloading their Greatest Hits CD and I must say I enjoyed the music. I had never really gotten into this genre of music before, and I was glad I took the plunge. We went to the show at the Electric Factory on October 29th and had an awesome time. It was also a great show to people watch...lots of different types of people there. I was pleased to hear that Social Distortion ended up playing a lot of the songs from the Greatest Hits CD. In the days of auto tune, lip synching, and choreography, it was refreshing to see a band who's been around for thirty plus years who know how to play great music. I included a couple of their videos below if you've never heard them before.

Social Distortion - Story of My Life
Social Distortion - Ring of Fire (LIVE)
Social Distortion - Ball and Chain

No comments:

Post a Comment